I received two nominations for very similar awards within a week of each other. I felt so flattered to be recognized! The two wonderful bloggers who nominated me were Michelle creator of Better Together and Janet creator of Grandma2Glamma. They nominated me for the “Mystery Blogger Award” and the “Liebster Award” My first thoughts and feelings were of amazement and pure shock. I had never even heard of either award and so I had to do a little research. Okoto Oke Enigma, a college student, and blogger started this award in the fall of 2016 as a way to pay it forward to other bloggers. Okoto explained the award in these words:
“[The Mystery Blogger] Award [is] for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they can get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. —Okoto Enigma
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I feel honored to have made enough of an impact to be nominated. I started blogging in hopes of doing those exact things. With all of the bad in the world, I wanted to create a place that inspired and motivated those that came to visit. Thank you to Michelle from Better Together, and Janet from Grandma2Glamma for the nominations and kind reviews of Choosing Wisdom.
And the Nominees are…
I would like to submit the following nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award. Please read to the end for the rules and instructions regarding your nomination.
Midday Mornings: Jen crafts a blend of motherhood, faith and learning in her posts. She has a beautiful perspective that works to explore, connect and embrace our identity as women in our various roles. I’ve known Jen for several years and have always loved her way of using words to connect with others.
Evolve! Live.Grow.Give: Krista explores how we evolve in life by living, growing and giving back. She does this through her weekly podcast series “Real Life, Real Passion” as well as welcoming guest writers to contribute their stories. Krista has become as a friend as we have written for each other over the last few months.
The Nostalgia Diaries: I first read one of Corey’s posts a few weeks ago and immediately fell in love! She has a magical way of taking memories from the past and blends them with the present to create impactful lessons about who we are and where we are going. One of my favorites has been her post about The Empty Seat. She is a gifted writer that I’m glad I discovered!
Home Grown Simplicity: Don’t we all yearn for a simpler more meaningful life? Davi captures that very thing on her blog. She writes about ways of simplifying your home, your parenting, and your life by being more intentional and minimalistic. It doesn’t get any simpler than that!
The Thin Place: Life often stretches and pulls us to the end of our space. That thin place is what Bailey writes about. Through chronic pain, infertility, and depression she finds the love of God as the stabilizing force to get her through. She has a beautiful way of sharing her honest and trying times in a way that is surrounded by growth.
Only Girl 4 Boyz: The first post I read by Jehava was about women and our choices when it comes to friendship – I immediately felt a connection. She is the mother of three boys and writes about the joy she finds amid the chaos. I love her voice of honesty and faith in everything she writes.
Be You & Thrive: Danielle or “D’s” purpose is to help women be authentic to who they really are. Her posts are about hope, bravery, and encouragement! She see’s growth as an opportunity to live life to your full potential.
My Circus, My Monkeys: As a mother of 5, Rebekah finds joy in the circus she calls her life. She shares homemaking, parenting, cooking and healthy tips for any mom working to make her way through the joys of raising a family. I’ve loved her honesty in capturing what really matters in life.
I want to thank these ladies for making a difference by putting themselves out there! They have motivated and inspired me to be a better writer and blogger. Keep up the good work!
As part of their nomination, here are my questions for these bloggers to answer in their Mystery Blogger Award post.
- Where is your most favorite place you’ve traveled to?
- What is your biggest motivator for getting up each day?
- Why do you blog?
- Who has been the most influential person in your life, and why?
- When you were younger what was your greatest fear?
Three Things about me and a Link:
- I lived in Israel for a semester while studying abroad in college. I visited most of the historical places and developed a love for Mediterranian food.
- I love to read. Give me a good novel and a sunny beach and I’m in heaven. It’s my favorite way to spend a free day without any of the outside world waiting for my attention.
- I am striving to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. My love and gratitude for his example and sacrifice for each of us individually is continually growing. I feel drawn to things that bring His light into my life.
Choosing my favorite link is the hardest part. As Michelle said in my nomination, “each post I write is like my kid, and how do you pick your favorite kid?!?!” I put so much thought and effort into everything I write, each post is like another birth. I think my first post has the most sentimental meaning – My Journey is what sums up my purpose and inspiration for blogging.
Now, time for me to answer THE Questions:
- WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST STRENGTH AND YOUR GREATEST WEAKNESS? My greatest strength is also my greatest weakness. I am a go get it done kind of gal. I make things happen. As a result, I come off as being a little bossy sometimes. But I’m working on that!
- IF YOU COULD BE ANY AGE FOR A WEEK, WHAT WOULD YOU BE? I loved being 35. My kids were all born and I was just starting to get a real feel for who I was and what I wanted. The self-consciousness was slowly being replaced with confidence. I look back and realize I didn’t understand how good life was.
- WHAT IS THE STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER EATEN? I don’t know that everyone would think this is strange – but some might. I love sushi and have eaten soft shell crab in what is called a spider roll.
- WHAT BRINGS YOU JOY? I have a quote on my family room wall about joy. It has been there for years and still applies today. “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.” (3 John 1:4) I have to also include any time I get to spend with my grandson – pure joy!
- IF YOU COULD JUMP INTO A BOOK AND LIVE THERE, WHAT BOOK WOULD IT BE? Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson. I love the regency era with all of the propriety and wistfulness. The book Austenland also comes to mind – it is a modern day story about a place where women can jump back into the Jane Austen Era.
Another thank you Michelle and Janet for the nominations! If you have a minute, stop by and check out their blogs. They are both doing great things!
Here are the rules. Have Fun!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and put a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Share a link to your best post(s)