If you think about all of our modern technology and inventions, there is not one iPhone, tablet, car, or even box of kleenex that just magically appeared. They all began with a design planned out with every single detail. Everything from the outside packaging to the internal workings was carefully thought out.
And Our Life is No Different
The truth is we have a lot more control over what happens in our lives than we sometimes recognize. Many choose to blame the world, people, or circumstance for preventing them from getting what they want, while others take a different stance:
“Nothing will get in my way.”
Living by this mindset typically creates the most successful and content people, because they take responsibility for their own life. They know they have the power to shape and mold their lives to fit their needs. They also recognize they have the strength to let go of things they cannot control.
When you lack a firm grasp on what fulfillment means and what you need to do to make it happen, it becomes easy to fall into the victim mentality filled with frustration, turmoil, and fleeting moments of happiness as life seems to pass you by. Contentment will be temporary if you are waiting for finances, relationships, and the world to change for you instead of changing them yourself.
Do You Feel Like a Helpless Passenger?
Opportunities will pass you by, and you may not even notice, as you grow more and more resentful. Instead of driving the car, you will be a helpless passenger along for the ride. Helpless, possibly hopeless and filled with discontentment and resentment.
• The person who blames all her troubles on bad relationships
• A person whose finances are in a disarray
• The person whose family life is in turmoil
• Someone who feels frustrated because she cannot get designer clothes or an expensive car
• The person who feels unhappy and miserable at his job and blames life, the world, and everything in between for not giving him something better
• The person who only dwells on their problems without looking for solutions
• Someone who is jealous of and hates those with happy marriages because her own is in trouble
• The woman who is not working as a chef, because she blames the industry for being biased against men
• The guy who criticizes his boss and his associates because he keeps getting passed up for promotions
The list can go on and on.
Conquer and Take Control
These predicaments are rooted in feelings of helplessness, blame, a lack of personal responsibility and NOT taking control of things you can control. By conquering doubt, fear, negativity, and blame you can become the driver in your own life.
Your thoughts and ideas are limitless and are the foundation for anything you want to achieve and how you want your life to be. When you change your perceptions, attitudes, and beliefs, you are also changing your actions, take back your power, and increase productivity.
When you create a plan rooted in personal responsibility, an “I can” attitude, and an understanding of where you want your life to go, anything is possible.
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE BECAUSE YOU HOLD THE KEY.
Creating a life plan is not a new concept, there are many strategies and books written on the topic, but all life-design plans begin with introspection.
I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.– Tony Robbins
I’ve compiled 50 questions to consider when looking at changes you want to make in your life. If you take the time to answer them sincerely with honest introspection, you’ll be able to see where you are, what is missing, and where you want to go. You can design your life to find real joy and purpose. Want a copy? You can get the free download and access to my printable library here!
Once you have taken the time to carefully think about and answer these questions you should get a much clearer picture of your life now and where you want to be. Now you can take control and design a vision for your life.
Create a vision and never let the environment, other people’s beliefs, or the limits of what has been done in the past shape your decisions.– Tony Robbins
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
If you can see it, you can be it, plan it and make it happen!
You are in control and have the power to make it happen, no matter what the world is doing around you. Remember…
• By conquering doubt, fear, negativity and blaming, you can become the driver of your own life.
• Your thoughts and ideas are limitless. They are the foundation for anything you want to achieve and how you want your life to be.
• By changing your perceptions, attitudes, and beliefs, you change your actions, take back your power, and increase productivity.
• When you have a plan rooted in personal responsibility, an “I can” attitude, and an understanding of where you want your life to go, anything is possible.
Ask for help when you need it, friends, family, therapists, life coaches and successful people you already know can help you every step of the way.
Want the list? You can download it here for free!
We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.– Tony Robbins
Everything you have ever wanted is waiting for you.
It’s your life, you hold the key. Now go get it!
- Why Practicing Progress May be the Best Way to Change Your Life
- 5 Life-defining Moments that Changed Me
- Why I Stopped Trying to Fix My Life
- How to Handle the Turbulence in Life
- Stop Procrastination and Reclaim Your Life
It’s Your Life, You’re in Control!